- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds Italian-style sausage, cut in 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1-1/2 inch pieces
Mix pizza sauce, basil and oil; reserve. Cook sausage pieces in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until partially cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain. Alternate sausage pieces, zucchini pieces, red and green peppers and onions on metal skewers. Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat, turning and brushing 2-4 times with reserved pizza sauce mixture, until sausage is done and vegetables are crisp tender.
NOW for the best part ... on rainy or cold days, fix this on the range top in a large glass-topped skillet. Brown the sausage and drain, then add all the other ingredients including pizza sauce reserve. Simmer until vegetables are crisp and tender. Serve this over spaghetti or fettuccine.