- 6-8 bacon strips
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 red or green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (2lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Cook bacon until crisp. Cool, then chop in to 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside. Saute onion, garlic and bell pepper for 5 minutes. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place 1/3 of frozen hash browns in the bottom of crock pot. Add 1/3 bacon and 1/3 onion, garlic and pepper mixture and 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over ingredients in crockpot, cover and turn on low. Cook for 8-10 hours.