2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
½ cup plus two tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, eggs, vanilla and sugars.
4. Little by little, add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
5. Spread the batter into a well-greased 9” skillet.
6. Bake for 22 minutes for a rich and gooey center (bake longer if you prefer a less rich/gooey result).
7. Serve up family style with ice cream and strawberry syrup, then scoop into bowls. Alternatively, allow to cool completely and slice, serve with ice cream and strawberry syrup.
8. Store in fridge for three days.
Notes: If you would like to make cookies from this, allow the mixture to chill overnight in the fridge. Proceed by rolling 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball, then into a small bowl of powdered sugar to coat. Bake 10 cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes. Keep extra dough in the fridge while baking your first batch.