¾ cup whole milk
½ cup flour
¼ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
7 small pats of butter, about ¼ tablespoon each – these are to fill the cups in your pan. If you are using a regular skillet, add about two tablespoons of butter.
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½cups of chopped fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 425. At the same time you preheat, place a cast iron drop biscuit pan (a regular cast iron skillet would work well too) in the oven. You want to get the pan nice and hot.
2. Meanwhile, combine pancake ingredients in a medium bowl starting with the eggs and flour. Whisk well until there are no lumps (the batter will be sticky). Add the milk (slowly to avoid splashing) and add the rest of the ingredients until there are no lumps.
3. Once oven temp reaches 425, remove pan and add the little pats of butter into each cup -- the butter will melt quickly from the heat.
4. Once the butter has melted, pour in the batter filling each cup about half way.
5. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes or until they reach a golden brown color (they will puff up beautifully and then they will quickly deflate)
6. Garnish with chopped strawberries and powdered sugar.